- The pain and suffering of many Ghost Crab bites (what you get for helping a friend out)
- Seeing Rainbow Bee Eaters at Mooloolaba nesting in the Dunes on a few occasions when the camera wasn't in hand
- Millions of Solider Crabs at Amity Point - Stradbroke Island
- Flying Foxes - I spent an ample amount of time driving the Bruce Highway between Gympie and the Sunshine Coast. Seeing them fly out in thousands was an amazing sight
- Speaking of creatures in thousands - Being able to watch as thousands of terns fly into roost on a sand spit in Maroochydore
- Taking 5min to watch the sunset. 2008 produced many sunsets worth mentioning - wont put all the pics up as I have to many to count
- Ground parrots - Hearing them call at dusk while being eaten by mosquitoes. I do believe everyone should take the time and enjoy the experience, it is one you will never forget
- Introducing my family to the life in the sand. I had the honor of working as a research assistant working with sandy beach macrofauna.
- Taking a friend from overseas to the forest and walking alongside the creek bed to an amazing waterhole. She had to ring her mother that night forgetting the time difference.
- Dragging friends around Fraser Island in the middle of he night spotlighting only to see nothing the entire evening.
Thursday, 22 January 2009
Memorable Moments from 2008
Well what a year 2008 and was. I know it has been a little while since I was tagged for this but it is really hard to find just 10 moments that stand out from them all. After much thought, sitting and thinking here at last are my 10 memorable moments from 2008. They are not numbered as i do believe that they are all equal.